The shelters at War Memorial Park may be reserved by submitting the application and required fee of $75 to the Police Community Liaison Office (412)741-4119. Reservations begin on March 1.
There are several parks and playgrounds for children and adults of all ages to enjoy in the Borough of Sewickley.
- Chadwick Street Park, on Chadwick Street, located between Walnut Street and River Ave.
- Maple Lane Playground, located on Maple Lane, between Pine Street and Dippold Street
- Riverfront Park, located on Chadwick Street, between White Street and Walnut Street
- War Memorial Park, located on Blackburn Road, beside the YMCA
- Wolcott Park, located on the corner of Broad Street and Beaver Street
WAR MEMORIAL PARK:
The Sewickley Civic Garden Council was organized in 1963 by women who were concerned about the deterioration of Sewickley’s business district. In May 1965, SCGC held its first May Garden Mart. Funds from that event led to the redesign and replanting of Wolcott Park at Beaver and Broad Streets. In 1973 SCGC and the Memorial Tree fund together developed one acre park on Route 65 at Broad Street.